Come On Auckland. Let’s Look After Our Cars!
We’re not all about tyres. We have a full mechanical workshop, with some of the city’s best mechanics working in it. When it’s time for a cheap car service in Auckland, we’re the people to see. And as you’re about to read, car servicing is something we Aucklanders don’t do enough of.
We recently read a survey which had some very interesting facts and figures concerning Kiwi attitudes to car servicing – and Auckland didn’t come out of it too well. Here are some of the more intriguing findings:
- 45% of the 337 people surveyed around the country admitted to getting their car serviced less regularly as a way to save money.
- 40% said they performed some basic car servicing at home with 50% of Auckland motorists going the DIY route to save money. However, many of them were not sure how to go about it!
- 25% of respondents said they ignore their engine warning light.
- Nearly 60% of Aucklanders surveyed said they had their car serviced only when a problem needed to be fixed rather than based on the suggested kilometers between services. This is in comparison to 50% of drivers from other parts of the country.
- 33% of respondents from around New Zealand said they only got their car fixed if it failed a warrant of fitness check. In Auckland, this figure rose to 38%.
- 37% of Aucklanders never check the oil level in their car.
One thing that stood out for us was a third of New Zealanders believed modern cars did not need regular servicing. This is a bit of a worry. While the latest model cars are technologically advanced with all the bells and whistles, their mechanical workings are still very much the same as older vehicles – and that means they need a regular service to keep performing at a high level and minimise the risk of expensive repair jobs down the track.
While Kiwis pride themselves on their DIY abilities, we think at home servicing for cars is not a good idea. You might use the wrong parts, you probably don’t have the right tools, and you might not know what you’re doing. In your efforts to save a few bucks, you’re probably doing more harm than good.
Regular and cheap car servicing in our workshop will save you money in the long run, and ensure you continue to drive a safe and reliable vehicle. So do the right thing by your car and your passengers and book in a much-needed service today.